Looking to update your record collection? Vinyl buff or record store novice, these Record stores in New York will live up to the hype.... as will our Active Noise Cancellation Headphones.
10. Downtown Music Gallery -
This Chinatown staple is going on it's 26th year in business. Downtown Music Gallery specializes in "Downtown Music"- avant-garde jazz and contemporary composition, experimental, and improvisational music from around the world. Stop by this record shop every Sunday night for free in-store performances!
13 Monroe St, New York, NY 10002
9. Generation Records - Another downtown staple, Generation Records, a 2 story Greenwich Village record store has been a fixture for new and used Vinyl, CDs 45s and more. Known for their extensive metal and punk collection but stocking music of all genres, you'll be sure to find something new each time you visit. When it comes to Punk Record Stores, Generation Records can't be beat.
210 Thompson St., New York, NY, 10012
8. Limited To One - This East Village newbie is making quite the name in the world of vinyl collectors. Specializing in rare and hard to find vinyl and cassettes. With friendly and knowledgeable owners, you'll leave with a new record and having learned a ton!
221 E 10th St, New York, NY 10003
7. Stranded Records- Stranded is the retail arm of archival label Superior Viaduct with locations in New York, San Francisco and Oakland. Their NYC location is tucked away on a quiet East Village street. They buy and sell records, and have an extensive selection on their ecommerce as well as retail.
218 East 5th Street, New York, NY 10003
6. A1 Record Shop- This cozy East 6th st shop is a funky destination for buying, selling or trading vinyl of all genres. Stop inside for their competitive prices, and seemingly endless selection.
439 E 6th St, New York, NY 10009
5. Rough Trade - Originating in the UK, their NY satellite is the record chains largest location. Located in hipster mecca Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Rough Trade offers a variety of mainstream and obscure CDs and Vinyl, as well as hosts a bar and live performance space.
64 N 9th St, Brooklyn, NY 11249
4. The Thing- If you're looking for cheap vinyl, look no further. This kitchy Greenpoint, Brooklyn thrift shop not only specializes in antiques and furniture items, but hosts a used record store filling the entire basement.
1001 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
3. Human Head Records- Another Brooklyn shop, this Bushwick record store hosts a large collection of new & used vinyl, turntables and other audio/dj equipment. Looking to create your next DJ set? Don't forget your Woozik headphones.
168 Johnson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11206
2. Academy Records Annex- With two locations in Manhattan, Academy Record's Greenpoint, Brooklyn location gives you room to breathe while digging through their collection of new and used vinyl and CDs. Known for their fair prices, this shop is browser friendly. Take your time as you stroll through the aisles and pick up your next favorite record courtesy of Academy Records.
85 Oak St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
1. Brooklyn Record Exchange- Housed in the same lot as performance space Elsewhere, this Bushwick gem is the baby of Brooklyn Record label Mexican Summer, and the proprietors of the well established Co-Op 87. Opened with a collection they built over five years, this sunny record shop is anything but cramped,as compared to it's counterparts and most Record stores in NYC, yet filled with a wide variety of music from jazz to dance to soundtracks, as well as cult VHS. With the rotating lineup from Elsewhere, we are sure there will be plenty of in store performances in the future.
599 Johnson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11237
Have a new bluetooth connected record player? Listen using your ANC 410 or ANC 200 noise cancelling headphones to you favorite tunes without disturbing your roommates or partner!